Welcome to my creative outlet

I believe that every person needs some form of creative outlet. This is mine, my personal recipe's, small projects and ramblings from life's lessons.

Friday, December 2, 2011

local treasures and foodie pleasures

Karl enjoyed a chocolate dipped butter horn while I had a hot cup of coffee.
Noah wanted some so badly! I don't blame
him they look delicious.
As a supporter of the the local economy the family and I ventured into the heart of downtown Salem Oregon searching for the ultimate foodie experience. At the Reed Opera you have your choice of greek, mexican, thai, indian and italian cuisine. Down in the basement is a hidden treasure called "the little canoli bakery"! With incredible handmade and fresh pasteries, nummy espresso drinks and traditional itialian pizzas. Guess what my dear gluten free and dairy free friends....they have'' chewy chocolate pecan cookies that are delicious!


We also had a beautiful drive out to Dallas and visited the modest little goat farm "Fairview Dairy Goat Farm" which has a self service stand in their drive way and also is at the Salem farmers market on Saturdays. 
I'm in love with their onion and dill veggie dip. They also have this wine washed cheese that looks delicious and we will be picking up some of that tomorrow at the farmers market!





No comments:

Post a Comment