Welcome to my creative outlet

I believe that every person needs some form of creative outlet. This is mine, my personal recipe's, small projects and ramblings from life's lessons.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Easy baking gift (Cookies in a jar)


For Christmas we love to give out goodies to our friends and family but everyone always ends up being overwhelmed with sugar treats so a friend an I got together and made these adorable cookie mix jars where all you need to add is 1 softened stick of butter, one egg and 1 tsp of vanilla.

Here's what you need (per jar):
  • 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/8 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/8 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup (6-oz.) mini chocolate chips
  • 1pt Jar and swatch of cloth 
  • To Assemble (it's so easy!)
  • Layer the ingredients in the jar contrasting in color to create a layered look. Place the seal down and fabric on top then screw the lid ring on to secure. I included my baking directions in a separate card but have also tucked the corner of the instruction tags under the lid ring. It's super easy and fun.
  • Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment