Welcome to my creative outlet

I believe that every person needs some form of creative outlet. This is mine, my personal recipe's, small projects and ramblings from life's lessons.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Easiest Salmon dish that even non-seafood eaters will love


I am going to be honest with you...I'm not much of a seafood person. I should be put to shame for being a self proclaimed foodie that does not like seafood! On the other hand, my husband loves salmon. I had to create a salmon dish that I was willing to eat with Karl and that Nadine would eat too. After a couple tries I'm pretty sure this is the easiest and yummiest salmon dish I've ever had.

2 bonesless salmon steaks (about 4 oz each) preferebly fresh not frozen
4 tbs of orange marmalade
4 tbs of orange juice
1 bag of mixed veggies (either the "steam ready" or frozen)
season to taste: salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder

Take a large sheet of foil and line the inside of a cake pan or cookie sheet,
drizzle foil with a light amount of olive oil
place salmon steaks on foil (scale side down) with room to curl up the foil for making a packet
Season salmon steaks, top each steak with 2 tbs of orange marmalade
Pour the bag of veggies over the salmon and season lightly
add 4 tbs of OJ for moisture
roll up the sides of the packet (adding more foil if needed to cover the whole thing), seal tightly
place in the preheated oven 350 deg for 45 minutes
remove from oven and serve over rice or as is =) for super easy and yummy rice I get the the frozen jasmine rice it only takes 3 minutes to microwave!

Each serving has less then 300 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment