Welcome to my creative outlet

I believe that every person needs some form of creative outlet. This is mine, my personal recipe's, small projects and ramblings from life's lessons.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

15 minute Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Dairy Free)


Pancakes are one of the few food items I could eat anytime of the day and over and over... well and waffles.
One of these days I will make my own pancake batter from scratch but for now I have a super simple, super delicious recipe that fits the bill! Sorry folks this one is not gluten free although you could just sub out the pancake mix for some of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix.

Things you will need:
1 cup of Bisquick
1 egg
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Semi Sweet Chocolate chips (careful! Nestle has dairy in it!)
Canola oil

Let's get started!

If you've been following my blog you know I have a love affair with my Magic Bullet, I use it for everything that doesn't require my Kitchen Aid mixer. If you don't have one then just mix the ingredients in your blender or whisk really fast! 

Throw all your Bisquick, egg and coconut milk into the Magic Bullet and blend away until it's all evenly incoroporated. You'll notice the volume increases a little with all the delightful little air pockets that make these pancakes so fluffy! 

Heat your skillet and grease with the canola oil (I like using the Smart Balance Omega3)
Pour in your batter and sprinkle in the chocolate chips right before flipping. The key is to wait until the first side is nice and golden (you'll see several air bubbles rise and pop on the surface) then flip. You should only need to brown the 2nd side for a few seconds which means the chocolate doesn't burn.

Your first two may take a little practice with timing but then it's easy! From start to eating I can make enough to feed my family of 4 in 15 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment