Welcome to my creative outlet

I believe that every person needs some form of creative outlet. This is mine, my personal recipe's, small projects and ramblings from life's lessons.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Up-cycled lace infinity scarf

About an hour ago this was a plain black T-shirt and 1/4 of a yard of lace from the clearance section at the craft store~

I started with a T-shirt and cut off  just below the armpit all the way across and then cut off the bottom hem to make a tube of fabric.

Then cut open the tube on just one side.

line up the lace along the tub and cut 2/3 the length of lace as the jersey material. Sew the ends together to make one solid circle.

Take the hem you trimmed off of the bottom of the "tube" and cut in to two sections. Run the thread all the way through  and then cinch it together to make the shape of a flower. Sew the bottom to keep the flower intact.


(My mom graciously modeled the scarf for me)  Attach the flowers so  they tie in the lace and jersey material together.  I  chose to tack the two pieces together so I wouldn't have to re-adjust the scarf every time I put it on but you can do what ever you want =)

Total time: 1 hour (hand sewn)
Total cost: $2.50 

No comments:

Post a Comment