Welcome to my creative outlet

I believe that every person needs some form of creative outlet. This is mine, my personal recipe's, small projects and ramblings from life's lessons.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I love Pinterest.com and I get inspired to try crafts, clothing styles, recipes and etc. Today I was inspired by all the braided hair styles being pinned. I went to work trying out hair styles on my mini me (Nadine). 
I separated Nadine's hair into three sections (crown, middle and bottom) I did a loose french braid on the bottom and middle sections going in a down angle. Then I combined the two sections into one braid in and upward motion...

I continued the french braid up the side of her head to the crown and back down until  all loose hair was in the french braid, with the last 4 inches of hair I did a standard braid and tucked it behind the braided crown of her head and fastened with bobby pins and hair spray.

I chose to do it in a beehive style bump but the same process could be done in a tighter braid to not have the beehive affect. The volume is very cute as is or with a headband.

I used 5 bobby pins, 3 squirts of hair spray and it took a total of 15 minutes =) I think this is a keeper hair style for our next family pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I am just seeing this post. I love her hair- So pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete