Welcome to my creative outlet

I believe that every person needs some form of creative outlet. This is mine, my personal recipe's, small projects and ramblings from life's lessons.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Italian style baked Spaghetti Squash (gluten free)


I'm not a big fan of squash but I saw an episode of Diners Drive-in and Dives where a restaurant was serving half shell baked spaghetti squash and it looked amazing! So I took note of the ingredients and went to work making my own version with out beef or cow dairy. Incidentally it's gluten free as well!

Things you need

One whole spaghetti squash
One jar spaghetti sauce (I prefer O organics)
Ground Italian sausage
Goat Cheese (comparable texture to mozzarella or white cheddar) -If you you want to use regular cheese go for it! I have friends that have made this with mozzarella and provolone and it was delicious.
Olive Oil
Salt and pepper

Ready set go!

Cute the squash in half length wise
Drizzle or spray with a little olive oil (lightly!)
Salt and pepper the flesh
Pop in the oven at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, while that's in the oven brown up your sausage in a medium sautee pan or wok. add the sauce to heat up.
pull out of the oven (careful it's hot!)
Fork out the flesh into the length of angel hair pasta and toss gently into the sauce.
pack back into the squash shells and top with cheese. Now place back into the oven until the cheese is gooey and just starting to turn golden brown.

Pull it out and either serve in the shell (I cut in half as is and serve like that as a nice presentation) you can also just pass it around family style. This makes about 4-6 hearty servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment